Anyone for Maccy D’s?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I sat in a McD’s at teatime today for the first time in literally several decades. (Long story, which I will refrain from sharing )

I ordered a chicken and bacon thing, and shared fries with the wife.

The fries were a bit weird - have they changed the recipe and cut down the salt?

The chicken had the texture of cardboard. My daughter said I should have ordered proper chicken (I assumed that I had).

Who eats this garbage on a regular basis?

On the plus side, the coffee is better (and, I think, half the price) than the 2 big brands, and I like the milkshake.

Sponsored Links
I like the milkshake too, about the only thing I like, but it is sweet as anything

I suspect the fries were maybe saltier in decades gone by. Trying to be healthier now, no doubt.

Have not had a McDs burger since 1991.

I've never been to a McDonald's from my own volition, but I've been dragged along by others on a few occasions. It's never a nice experience...dirty tables...dirty floors...dirty outside...dirty, lowest common denominator clientele...and the food, hmmm; it's never hot enough. They call it fast food, and I wonder if it being lukewarm is so you can eat it fast, without the inconvenience of waiting for it to cool down.

Horrible!

About 30 years ago I used to have a sausage and egg McMuffin from the drive-through every morning for about 4 years. Full of fat and very tasty. I had a beaded seat cover in my van. When I sold the van, I removed the beaded seat cover to see the most revolting solidified fat burger on and in my seat. One drip of fat between my legs per day for 4 years. Yuk. Just thought I'd share my MaccyD story.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hate the stuff, mostly. But wife takes kids sometimes after sports etc. and I have joined them. Usually have a chicken thing, but it has been surprisingly OK - one of the long buns, not round. Probably only had 3-4 in the last decade though. The only beef burgers I eat are the ones I cook myself.

I don't touch the "milk" shakes though - my wife worked in McDs many years ago, said there's no milk in them, just weird powder. Maybe powdered milk with ice cream now? I dunno. Recipe probably changed since the 90s.

'The Founder', a film about Ray Crock and how he developed Macdonalds from a single outlet is a great film. Hard to imagine you could make such a riveting film about burgers. Think it might be on Netflix.

OIP.n8CuXRh5wCVR2t9-sgH7yAAAAA

I've never been to a McDonald's from my own volition, but I've been dragged along by others on a few occasions. It's never a nice experience...dirty tables...dirty floors...dirty outside...dirty, lowest common denominator clientele...and the food, hmmm; it's never hot enough. They call it fast food, and I wonder if it being lukewarm is so you can eat it fast, without the inconvenience of waiting for it to cool down.

Horrible!

TBF, this place was very clean, inside and out, and they did table service! (Well, after you ordered it on a massive touch screen) (just thought, I am now worried as I did not sanitize)!

The food was only a bit better than warm, and I am a hot food fiend, but it really would not have made much difference.

There were no horrible people that I noticed or noisy kids.

All in all , not a dreadful experience. Erm, except for the actual food.

Hard to imagine you could make such a riveting film about burgers

Whatever you do, do not watch Good Burger. I started watching it with my son. We both gave up. So yes, not many good films about burgers.

But some good films feature burgers!

Jules-Eating-Big-Kahuna-Burger-Pulp-Fiction.jpg

pulp-fiction_mia-burger-2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back