Anyone got a flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Prima F fanned flue boiler that is approximately 10 years old but still in very good condition. I recently submitted plans to my local council for a new conservatory, which were accepted. The company who will build my conservatory pointed out that my boiler flue would have to be moved as it would be too close to the conservatory under current reg’s.

No problem I thought, I will need to buy a longer flue and extend it upwards from the top of the boiler through the kitchen ceiling and partly into the bathroom above, before exiting at a much higher elevation so therefore complying with the reg’s.

After speaking to a plumber and initially agreeing a price, he informed me that he cannot find a flue for my boiler anywhere because it is now obsolete. I too have tried to source one but had no luck. I’ve even approached several fabrication companies asking if they would make a flue but they all shied away from this stating that they will not have anything to do with poisonous gasses. I can understand their apprehension, especially if anything were to go wrong with it like leaks etc, they may be seen to be liable.

So my only hope is: fit a new boiler (which I really don’t want the expense of) or someone somewhere has an old flue kicking about lost and forgotten all these years that I could buy from them.

Does anybody have one per chance? or know where I could get one from?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try potterton to see if they sell a flue kit suitable for your boiler, you cannot get one fabricated that is a major no-no, it has to be an approved part.

yes try Potty - I thought the Profile flue was the same.

i am not sure but the profile/prima flue only exits rear or left/right you cannot go vertical or put bends on it max lenght is 3m but i am sure someone will correct me:cool:

Sponsored Links
My plumber actually ordered a flue from Potterton. When he came to fit it, it was the wrong size. After a lengthy conversation, another Potterton chap said that they don't make flues for my boiler any more as they are obsolete and the person who sent the flue made a mistake :(

So the only chance for me is if anybody has an old one kicking about (highly unlikely I know) .

bripl

Can I mount the boiler on it's side then :LOL:

I know this is rather presumptious, but if anyone has need to call Potterton for some other issues parts etc, would it be possible to ask them about this flue. Not being a plumber I feel a little shaky with the details when speaking to profesionals.

you can put it upside down but i do not think it will work very well :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back