Anyone have any exp on fitting Quickstep skirting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Trying to install the high skirting (90mm) with the clip system. I have scribed all the internals, even though they recommend mitre's.
The problem I am having is trying to cut the mitre's for the external angles. I have a cross pull compound mitre saw and a mitre box (compound mitre), but I just can't get either of these to cut reliably acurate mitre's.
The skirting is contoured and is proving a bugger to get 2 pieces that match when layed on the wall.

Does anyone have any tips on fitting this stuff?
Should I go and hire myself a quality tool for the job as the two I have are both pretty cheap and od dubious accuracy?
I am using the little angled spacer to cut the skirting as recommended on the clip system pack, but it doesn't seem to be giving me the correct shape.

Any Pro's in the romford area want to come over and finish the job off for me £cash

Sponsored Links
I have just installed some for a customer.

You do need a good quality mitre saw ( I use a Nobex) not the chinese rubbish from such as B&Q. I stuck the guide piece to the back plate on the mitre saw and used mitre bond on the skirting.

Walls need to be square otherwise you need to set the skirting square and use caulking to fill the gaps.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

This is the conclusion that I was leading to, that you need a good quality tool for the job as you need the accuracy to make this stuff fit nicely.
I have used the clip system so far, which is good for fitting, but not so good for getting a consistant spacing of the bottom of the skirting away from the wall.

Thanks for comments

Flooringman.

On your recommendation I bought myself a Nobex Champion!
It cetainly does exactly what it sais on the tin!!!!
After wasting a couple of strips of skirting trying to cut them I was thinking of getting someone in to do this for me.
Not now!
First go "bang"
"On the button"
Great tool!

Many thnaks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back