Skirting techniques.

Sponsored Links
There is no argument. You can do it either way with similar results.

joe

It's all bumph mate. Mitres are fine. Bet you've got plastic windows.

joe

Well i going to try scribed on my skirting this weekend, ive done mitred internals before and found it hard to make it look good, taking into account the angle of the corner and the plaster.

But as this thread started out, like many others forums, it was just someone asking for advice. Got a pro answer, when I read straight away made sense how to get basically a perfect edge, whish I had known this sooner. Mitered is more fiddly but if thats your chosen method then so be it.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Sorry guys but timber barely shrinks after it is acclimatised in a room. It will not shrink in thickness at all.
I suggest you go and read Bruce Hoadley’s book on the subject ("Understanding Wood") as you’re understanding of how timber reacts to relative humidity seems somewhat flawed. Timber swells and shrinks across the grain, i.e. in width and thickness.

joe-90 said:
Live in the real world mate. You are talking about less movement than a coat of paint. Do something with your life.
So all the joiners, cabinetmakers and other wood trades on this forum and the many generations before them have all been taught wrong? Thanks for your expert opinion!

Scrit

I suggest you look around you. Timber isn't opening and closing like the local Library - even if you think it is.

joe-90 said:
I suggest you look around you. Timber isn't opening and closing like the local Library - even if you think it is.
Joe, dude, just where did you learn your woodworking? B & Q?

Scrit

joe[/quote]

No. Just opening generally. The upside is more work for decorators & more sales of decorators caulk to fill incorrectly jointed skirting. B&Q must be doing a roaring trade.

It doesn't happen mate. Timber wouldn't be used for house building if it behaved as you say it does. You've lost the argument - live with it.

joe

You've lost the argument - live with it.

Only in your own head mate.
Anyone with any knowledge would have tired of your idiotic ramblings long ago

joe-90 said:
It doesn't happen mate. Timber wouldn't be used for house building if it behaved as you say it does. You've lost the argument - live with it.

joe

Bit of a one sided arguement really ,especially as you haven't put up a case for you're side of it .
It's a appropiate day for you today,maybe Monday will be better for you :)

I mean, come on, would you really let this bloke renovate your property ?!

Anyone got the number for care in the community ?

big-all said:
just had to laugh watching hustle on bbc1 and they mentioned joe90 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Wish I'd been watchin' that.....her indoors has been glued to American Idol !

.....more fun on 'ere though ! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back