Anyone here Furloughed?

Well I am furloughed as of tomorrow 5.30pm, can't say as I am surprised and am actually quite glad, I've been on a pig of a job with a right **** heading it up and was only moved on to it to replace someone else who was furloughed back then. So will be good to get some downtime, I'll have the joys of home schooling from Monday onwards! I suspect there will be redundancies ahead but we shall see ....

Sponsored Links
My wife would love to be furloughed, she has been working extra shifts because of others being off.
Given that I have just started with a cough she might get time off work yet...

We are still stupid busy at work (in workshop at least) and are working through.

I do home schooling Mondays when wife is at work and it's not too bad to be fair. Some schools are much better than others at setting and marking work it seems.

My wife would love to be furloughed, she has been working extra shifts because of others being off.

Hope it's nothing serious matty, we panicked a few weeks ago but it was just the usual cold or bug doing the rounds.

Sponsored Links
Bit concerning in some ways, I've been WFH for 7 weeks now, been observing social distancing and limiting journeys out, rigourous hand washing etc, yet in that time still managed to get a cold. I suppose it might have been hayfever.

Back to work next week after 4 weeks of furlough,interesting time's,what shift patterns, how many will the new look be.Only to be partially manned,initially,how to stagger shift time,break times etc.But there again Boris might say go give some one a hug,the distancing can't be described has a roaring success with the figures as they are.

I've heard that if you have been furloughed and then return to work you cannot be furloughed again at a later date.
I suggested to work that we draw up a rota so the people working can have a break and some furloughed people can go in for a break from home.
The reply was an emphatic NO because it wasn't allowed by the government rules.

I've heard that if you have been furloughed and then return to work you cannot be furloughed again at a later date.
I suggested to work that we draw up a rota so the people working can have a break and some furloughed people can go in for a break from home.
The reply was an emphatic NO because it wasn't allowed by the government rules.
Your employer is correct in saying that you cannot just come in while on furlough and swap with others to have a break from home. You can, however be furloughed continuously but it must be for a minimum of 3 weeks at a time. So, workers could be rotated on a 3 week furlough rotation basis.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-you-could-be-covered-by-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme
"If your employer chooses to place you on furlough, you will need to remain on furlough for a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks. However, your employer can place you on furlough more than once, and one period can follow straight after an existing furlough period, while the scheme is open. The scheme will be open for at least 4 months".

Hope feeling ok now..?

Yeah it comes and goes, sore throat - I don't think its the lurgy.

Bit concerning in some ways, I've been WFH for 7 weeks now, been observing social distancing and limiting journeys out, rigourous hand washing etc, yet in that time still managed to get a cold. I suppose it might have been hayfever.

Exactly the same for me. htf can I get a cold when I've been wfh since 9th March. Cough and a wheeze, but no temperature or aches. Mrs motorbiking is still going in to work a couple of days a week though.

Your employer is correct in saying that you cannot just come in while on furlough and swap with others to have a break from home. You can, however be furloughed continuously but it must be for a minimum of 3 weeks at a time. So, workers could be rotated on a 3 week furlough rotation basis.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-you-could-be-covered-by-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme
"If your employer chooses to place you on furlough, you will need to remain on furlough for a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks. However, your employer can place you on furlough more than once, and one period can follow straight after an existing furlough period, while the scheme is open. The scheme will be open for at least 4 months".

Thanks Mottie. This was at the very start of our furlough about 7 weeks ago so maybe they hadn't been aware of this.

09EF76F6-7F5C-40DA-8BF8-0DBADDC93A56.jpeg

the furlough scheme has caused problems -lots of businesses like builders merchants furloughed everybody, then discovered they didnt have any staff available to make changes to working practices to allow social distancing to be introduced.

This isnt a criticism -the govt have done well to set up anything so quickly.

Sponsored Links
Back