Anyone In London Looking For Work? Easy Job - Pay Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
so you have bought flux solder screws plugs clips ptfe various tools blowlamp gas etc etc or do you expect that all to be included in the 120 quid also what time will you be avialable to pick the guy up in your car and drop him off home again ?

I expect him to have his tools and that be included - In the same way that I wear trousers and shoes when I go to my job

Its quite amusing how a simple job like adding ONE radiator to a system causes so much ifs and buts to come up and a quote of 800 from one poster.

God knows what the cost to replace all the radiators and the boiler in my house at that fee - Change from a 100K?

I think what people need to realise here is that its not just a simple case of cutting a length of pipe slapping a few pushfits on,topping up the system and away you go.

Like with everything else you get what you pay for but with this type of work if you pay little it usually ends up costing you more in the long run to get it put right.

I like people that go for the cheapest quote as I have been to many to put the job right.

And paying more guarantees a good job does it?

I always insist on a day rate from a tradesman - If the job is difficult with good reason then it is clear that I will pay him more

I thought you'd be able to do plumbing no problem after you did such a great job installing those lights your self :LOL: :LOL:

This forum is becoming more and more patronising - I came here asking for advice and offering someone a bit of extra work cash in hand

£120 in cash for a days work is I would hope quite substancial - I am starting to regret ever posting here and calling up a big firm who pay their actual plumbers a lot less then this

Sponsored Links
so you have bought flux solder screws plugs clips ptfe various tools blowlamp gas etc etc or do you expect that all to be included in the 120 quid also what time will you be avialable to pick the guy up in your car and drop him off home again ?

I expect him to have his tools and that be included - In the same way that I wear trousers and shoes when I go to my job

You really are deluded :rolleyes:

120 is a little lean, i think 150 sounds a little better, but even so slapping 20 percent on top so you can get a receipt and a guarantee would be miles better and wouldn't break the bank.

that said, I don't like a day rate of less than 200, i would take it if work was thin, but it barely makes a living.

£120 in cash for a days work is I would hope quite substancial
Cash-in-hand, avoiding tax and VAT. £120, for a days work, from a qualified professional, who you'd expect to revisit for free if a problem arises?

I am starting to regret ever posting here and calling up a big firm who pay their actual plumbers a lot less then this
a simple job like adding ONE radiator to a system
Had you used the forum for its intended purpose - gleaning information from those in the know on how to do a job, your experience would have been more pleasurable/productive.
If it's such a simple job, do it yourself - after gleaning information from those in the know on how to do the job.

The plumber, hopefully, will turn up fully dressed as well as fully tooled up. Should you ever manage to find one. A "big company" will not even despatch a tradesman for under £100. Then there will be consumables on top, and most big companies won't do labour-only jobs.

http: //www.ratedpeople.com/?gclid=COjE-9fO1rcCFVHItAod5GsA2g

http: //www.myhammer.co.uk/showLandingpage.php?item=myhammer&cid=1162&mpch=sem&118e=118e&q=E_find_tradesmen_online&gclid=CL_uvOPO1rcCFfMPtAodJ0gA2w&mckv=mkwid%7CspHpOjanA%7Cpcrid%7C10558466773%7Cplid%7C%7Ckword%7Cfind+tradesmen+online&mpch=ads

http: //www.mybuilder.com/tradesmen/in/uk?gclid=COKEwO7O1rcCFdHMtAoda10A5A

http: //www.myworkman.co.uk/?gclid=CPW3toTP1rcCFXMPtAodKiQAXQ

This character seems to think that someone pulling his tripe out for 6 days a week shouldn't earn 500 quid. :rolleyes:
The man is an idiot

I am not trolling - I am genuinely trying to understand where costs are sunk.

A labourer on 80 a day? Thats 500 quid a week assuming a six day week??

And the gaffa on 150 a day means working six days a week = 900 a week.

And from experience this is usually paid in cash

Also I believe that the OP is not even in London which is further bow in the arrow
Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2777654#2777654#ixzz2VjdTScGS

DeludedAussie said:
This is what I am getting at - 3 people for 5 weeks == 10K???

Thats 3500 per person per month?
Methinks Bruce needs new batteries in his calculator.

Like normal - Top post from 'retired shop boy'

Andy

HERTSDRAINAGE2010

I am delighted to tell you the job is yours - I will give you a cheque for 800 once job is done

Then the cheque will bounce and you can file a claim in county court which we will defend on false grounds.

See you soon hopefully - Thats the way to get cheap work done professionally

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back