Anyone know about EXCEL?

L

longdogs

Hi
I run my own small plumbing business and have recently entered my accounts into Excel spread sheets. The data entered is: Date/Invoice no/ job description/ amount charged etc. I print my own colour invoices myself using Photoshop.

What I would like to know is, is there a way of printing invoices direct from excel onto my invoices. So for example I could highlight say 5 jobs and then print them out in one go directly as opposed to typing each one individually in Word changing the info as I go?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Set up the invoice in Word as a mail merge using the Excel spreadsheet as the data source.

You should then be able to specify a range of records for Invoice number and merge the desired lines from Excel into the same number of Word pages.

Set up the invoice in Word as a mail merge using the Excel spreadsheet as the data source.

You should then be able to specify a range of records for Invoice number and merge the desired lines from Excel into the same number of Word pages.

Thanks Owain.I was dabbling with that last night. I've got part way there but think I might have to change my invoice layout to suit

Sponsored Links
Excel, word, access can all be linked together they all use VBA as a back ground program but it is not easy to set up and much depends on the skill of the person doing it.

You can with Excel link to a new sheet and one can with some care produce a directly printable sheet but most would import into access and one year of college showed me how but to remember now is something else.

Visual Basic (VB) and the cut down version Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) can with the help of macros do some amazing tasks but well beyond my ken I was shown but could not remember now how I did it.

The mail merge feature of work can likely be used to produce your invoices from excel.

I think Photoshop uses Java script rather than VBA so likely open office which also uses Java script would work better than Microsoft stuff. I would never have thought of using photoshop to print with it is a very powerful program but would not consider using it to do that.

Back