Excel protected, but not protected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have copied a spreadsheet used last year, for use with similar data this year, by simply deleting all of the entered data, leaving the calculations in place. I then saved the blank sheet, and began entering this years data - my weekly energy spreadsheet until I hit an issue...

The first column, contains the date, the second the number of days (in black text), between the date entered and the previous date.

I managed fine, entering the first 4 dates along with the associated data, when I tried to enter the date for row 5 and beyond, nothing appeared in the boxes, but it did show in the data entry box at the top, as it was typed. Problem was, it was white text, showing on a white cell background. Once typed, the number of days between dates, show as a red 7, instead of the black it was supposed to be.

As a botch to see the dates, I attempted change the cell background colour to something darker, it would not allow it, suggesting the workbook was protected. Trying other fixes, it also suggested it was protected.

Review, Protect - showed the workbook to be unprotected. Last years sheet, from which it was copied, still works fine. Anyone got any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I might try that next.. Good idea..

Select all of the column of problem cells, then - Home > Clear, clear all. Followed by reinserting the corrected cells. I didn't solve it myself, I sent Avril a copy of the sheet and she solved it. She was trained how to use Excel ;)

Back