Anyone know about this canopy bracket. If it’s connected behind bricks or just straight in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to remove these canopy brackets. From a 1960s house. You can see the bracket goes into the brick in the wall. I assume it was fixed into the wall during construction. same at bottom.

It came out about half inch now won’t budge. It wobbles sideways so it should slide out.

I’m worried that it’s not just a flat section going into wall but then behind that is something or some other shape of it behind the first bricks in the wall and stopping it coming out. Maybe the vertical bracket connected top and bottom like outside one.

I think something is behind. If I give the top a tug it comes out half an inch then bangs and stops.

anyone know about these brackets? Will it come out with more force or I need to cut it somehow

thanks

Attachments

• 6CA50B93-E2E8-439F-89EF-0F3074D248B4.jpeg
    6CA50B93-E2E8-439F-89EF-0F3074D248B4.jpeg
    474.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I’ve cut them off with metal disc cutter then pushed them in. They went quite far back into the into wall cavity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back