Anyone know about X box?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we were at a charity fair the other day and bought a used X box. The leads don't all seem to be correct so if anyone's got an idea that would cheer my 7 year old up no end.
I'll attach a picture. I think the leads to connect to the TV are there on the left of the photo.
The power lead doesn't fit and has two holes where it plugs into the box but I think it needs 6 holes?. I take it I need to buy another?
There was a black lead that's on the right that fits into the front of the box with a usb slot. Is that a charging lead for the controller's? If so they don't fit so do I get an adapter or try and buy second hand, maybe buy controller's too?
I'll leave at that. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20221111_120004210.jpg
    IMG_20221111_120004210.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Looksl ike your're missing a power pack. The lead with the plug will go into that and then that has a lead to the back of the xbox.

See if the controllers are normal battery or cell battery by taking the bottom panel off

As above, you are missing a power pack.
It looks as if you have an XBox 360 Elite - it should have an HDMI socket on the back, so use this instead of those AV cables, for much better picture quality.

Any Xbox 360 power supply will do, there are a few variants but they're all interchangeable.

The controllers are wireless so you just need to replace the batteries in the controllers if they are dead.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Looksl ike your're missing a power pack. The lead with the plug will go into that and then that has a lead to the back of the xbox.

See if the controllers are normal battery or cell battery by taking the bottom panel off
Ok, so I'll look on eBay/Amazon for a power pack. I have at the batteries tonight. Cheers

Any Xbox 360 power supply will do, there are a few variants but they're all interchangeable.

The controllers are wireless so you just need to replace the batteries in the controllers if they are dead.
Thanks that was my next question.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back