Anyone know how to fit a thermostat to a Hotpoint RFA16 frid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering would anyone know how to replace a danfoss 25T65 thermostat on a Hotpoint RFA16 fridge. I am fine with the electrical connections, just need some info on the correct fitting of the capillary tube and what covers I need to remove and what precautions I need to take while fitting it. The refrigerator is the top section of the fridge and the freezer is the lower section. The thermostat is located at the top of the fridge and can be accessed by opening the top door and removing two screws and then the plastic panel running across the front clips down. The thermostat can now be seen and the capillary tube disappears into the fridge. thanks in advance, Michael.

Sponsored Links
Got replacement part from a shop in waterford and some advise on how to fit. As the steel capillary tube has a gas in it it is important not to kink or bend. Plug out fridge and disconnect the spade connections from the old thermostat. Pull out the capillary tube. Gently feed in new capillary tube and reconnect the electrical spade connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back