Anyone know of a low differential programmable thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been trying find a programmable theromstat with a better than 0.5 C differential.

My present ones if set to 19.5 C, rise to 20.1 C then turn off and come back on at 18.4 C This gives too long on and off periods with the temperature being too hot then too cold.

Thanks.

Roy

Sponsored Links
Try a Honeywell CM927 you can set the Hysteresis to suit your application make sure you set the option for fuel type, I don't think you can buy a better controller IMHO ;)

Thanks.

Looking at the Honywell pdf seems to say the differential is + or - 0.5 C which is the same as the ones I have. It does not mention an ability to set it to 0.25 C Is that correct?

I should say I want to use it as a two wire on off thermostat into an EZC-12 Microcenter, and I need 5.

Sponsored Links
After reading lots of tech information pdfs I bought a Grasslin Famoso 1000 and that has a 0.25 C switching differential but is also has an integral compensation program that keeps the differential close to 0.1 C after it starts running the heating demand. Absolutely brilliant.

My only criticism is that you need to be very careful to keep the unit square and parallel when plugging the unit into the backplate.

So no more complaints about the temperature falling too low and no wasteful over runs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back