Anyone know what this weird box is?

Sponsored Links
WC, my sympathies with your leg.

I broke mine a while back with a spiral fracture from the knee down to the ankle... OUCH!

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/broken-leg.420100/

Ah yes never hurt so much in my life.

image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
That you??

Furkinell!! You poor burger....:eek:(n):notworthy:

Haha yep that's me, 7 weeks in now. Stepping out of Excavator slipped on mud. Surgeon said I really did a proper job. Never felt anything like it 2 shots of mophine to even touch it at the time

show us yours.

It's in the thread I quoted above.

Unfortunately you can't see the full leg x-ray but it was a spiral fracture from just below the knee to the ankle and as wc says, the pain is excruciating. I had to lie on a bed virtually unable to move for two weeks before I went to surgery. There is a picture of the X-fix.

I had entenox on the way in to the ED (which produced some really interesting conversation about whether snails are eligible for housing benefit) but then once on the ward, I just had paracetamol and oramorph.

The pain was awful ALL the time but peaks came frequently when it went off the normal pain scale.

I even got told off by a nurse for yelling out.....

At that point I rather abruptly told her that if my pain relief was managed properly, I would not be yelling out.

Thankfully they got a pain management nurse to me and I was set up with PCA (Patient-Controlled Analgesia).

Basically you have a tube filled with morphine and when your pain strikes you press a button and get a shot. The system locks out for several minutes after you press the button, preventing overdose.

So I can well understand what wc went through.

The worst bit for me was waiting for the ambulance. Several that were sent to me got redirected to more urgent cases and it was 4 hours before I got attended to. Stuck on the floor lying on the hip of the broken leg was most uncomfortable.

My only luck (if you can call it that) was that I was completely on my own but I happened to be making a call to Plusnet at the time about my BB.

He had gone away to ask a colleague something so I was on hold on speakerphone (another stroke of luck as when I fell over I couldn't move let alone reach anything) when I broke my leg. When he came back on I explained what had happened and he was brilliant. He put me on hold and rang for an ambulance.

I arranged a thank you card and some comestibles to be sent to his call centre which apparently he thoroughly enjoyed!

Is your property served my mains water/sewerage? Mains supply could be for underground pumping station or nearby BT fiber cab/phonebox etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back