Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Old fuse box with circuits as follows:
5 amp lights
5 amp lights
30 amp plumb
30 amp cooker
15 amp Imm/510W ----does anyone have any idea what this means? It is definitely socket circuit but what a weird description. HELP!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
just finished checking fuses and I am little concerned. I don't deal with electrics but my shower switch stays ON even after I removed all fuses or even switch the fuse box OFF. It only goes OFF when I switch main entrance switch OFF. Is it normal or is it something dodgy going on?

Could be on a separate fuse box, without having a look is impossible to say if it is dodgy or not.
Maybe worthwhile having an electrician come and have a look to see what is needed to bring it up to modern standards.

Do you mean you have an isolator switch on the tails from the meter that isolates all consumer units?

All I can see is the main switches on each CU.

Do you live on Wellesley Park?

Maybe OP is confused by the number of CUs, there are 3 there right? As another layperson, I would probably have mistaken top right as a main switch but it's just a small CU right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back