fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
want two use my standard socket in kitchen two connect cooker,can i just swap my 15 amp fuse in the box for a 30 amp

Sponsored Links
Hang on guys!

The answer could be

YES

How big is the cable feeding that socket?

How big (electrically speaking) is the cooker?

Sponsored Links
want two use my standard socket in kitchen two connect cooker,can i just swap my 15 amp fuse in the box for a 30 amp
If you've got a 6mm² radial on a 15A fuse (which is extraordinarily unlikely) then it may be possible to swap it (it depends how the cable has been installed).

If not, then you can't.

Also, if you did you'd have to remove all the other sockets from the circuit, and you'd have to open up the fuse box and swap the 15A base for a 30A one - is that something you'd feel competent to do?

This work is notifiable, BTW.

If you've got a 6mm² radial on a 15A fuse (which is extraordinarily unlikely)
not really. Given its near the cooker area, it could at some point in the past, have been a cooker switch. I can think of no other reason to have a 15 amp radial in the kitchen, except for an FCU behind the fridge freezer. ;)

Hmm - possibly.

But equally, who would remove the cooker accessories and swap the fuse to a 15A?

We'll just have to await Denski's next post...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back