Anyone recognise this basin mixer tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This basin mixer tap was probably fitted by my father-in-law some 20-30 years ago and it is now constantly leaking (flowing).

If it is still available, I would like to replace like with like, but this is probably very unlikely.

As you can see from the photos, it has copper tails, not sure if this gives a clue as to the manufacturer.

Does anyone recognise the make and model of this tap?

Sponsored Links
Not one I’ve seen before, have you tried google lens? It’s likely the cartridge(s), and some generic ones do fit.

Last edited:
Norm one I’ve seen before, have you tried google lens? It’s likely the cartridge(s), and some generic ones do fit.
Thanks for the suggestion, I haven't used Google Lens before and it appears to have found something similar.

I believe the tap is the Ideal Standard Academy and I can see spare cartridges can be obtained from Tap Magician, so I am tempted to order a pair from here:

https://www.tapmagician.co.uk/NSMan...aspx?ENC65A4DF1352F2?Ideal_Standard?Academy??

I may make sure I can actually get the cartridges out first. I fell foul of this with an old kitchen tap once. Purchased the replacement cartridges but it was impossible to remove one of the tap handles without damaging the tap. Who would have thought that years of scale could set like super glue!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back