Anyone recognise this door intercom phone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to replace the below device, but there are no obvious model Ids on it, but possibly the brand logo is a capital E on top of a handset (bottom R of first image):

I am reluctant to fully take the thing off the wall at this stage, as the wires are very short and would all need to be disconnected to allow it. This might make it difficult to reconnect :confused:

Sponsored Links
Looks like a STATUS. Lots of them were installed in council properties. The logo bottom right that has a handset through the E is the clue. There are quite a few different models numbers though.

Capture.JPG

There's a handy website Intercoms R Us here, that might help you locate a replacement. Their Handset Finder has some STATUS handsets.

I think you are right - its either a STATUS or the URMET which look pretty similar. The only difference with mine is that it doesn't have green/red LEDs (which is presumably what the small connector block on some images is for? mine doesn't have them).

Am I right in thinking then any universal 12V AC handset would do? IntercomsRUS have an Urmet 1130/11 which looks like the recognised replacement but it's quite expensive and a duff cream colour (am wanting white and more modern looking, and half the price).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back