Anyone recognise this shower tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We're having problems with cold water passing back into the hot water pipes & appear to have narrowed the source down to the shower. The issue is that we can't identify the make/model of the thermostatic valve so that we can replace the cartridge. Does anyone have an idea of the make/model from experience? I have spent hours trawling through Google & various spares websites to no avail.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, can't help with identification - try showerdoc.

However, if the shower is regulating temperature correctly, it may well not be the cartridge. Most mixer showers have built in non-return valves, often just before the filters, one on each of hot and cold. Try dismantling it and see if you can locate these valves (they're usually just spring loaded plastic inserts). Clean them in something like Viacal, Kill Rock or white vinegar and make sure they work. Clean filters, re-install and it may all be OK.

Thanks for the advice. I went to Showerdoc & was pointed in the right direction (it's a Crosswater).

Rather than replacing the cartridge, I took it apart as suggested & gave it all a good scrub & Oust'd the cartridge.

All appears to be ok with the hot water at present so will see how it goes. At least we now know the make & cartridge model in case we have problems in the future.

cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back