Anyone recognize this tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody have any idea who might have made this kitchen sink tap?
The rubber seals on the swivelling spigot are gone. The original seals were a sort of squared U-section, with an OD of about 41mm, and an ID of around 38mm. I've tried O-rings, but the nearest size I can find get stiffer day by day, until the whole unit starts to move.
View media item 2459 View media item 2460

Sponsored Links
YOu need to lubricate new O rings with silicone grease.
And a properly tightened tap would never move that easily.

That's got to be one of the worst looking taps I have ever seen and by God I've seen a few.

I feel a song coming on ;)

Sponsored Links
That's got to be one of the worst looking taps I have ever seen and by God I've seen a few.

I feel a song coming on ;)
I guess that's a matter of personal taste. My wife and I both like it a lot.
But may I refer you to my earlier post, re. smart-arse remarks.

The bloke that made that tap was called dave
OK, I get the message. I promise I won't ever ask you guys for advice on anything ever again. My original opinion of plumbers was obviously the correct one. Lead poisoning strikes again. It says a lot about this forum that the word smart-arse has to be detected and bowdlerized.

Aw lighten up for gawd's sake :LOL:

That tap is a cracker mate,honestly:cool:

Look, if you want decent advice change it not because if fell out of the ugly tree but because you won't get the part you need,end of.

We're not all bad,plumbers that is, however watch that andytheplumber he's a cheeky boy :)

The advice from ChrisR is good. The o rings can 'drag' if not lubricated.
If the body of the tap moves on the sink then you should investigate the fixings underneath, they will probably be a c or w shaped metal plate with a piece of threaded rod passing through with a nut thereon. The nut could do with a tighten. There should also be a rubber washer under the plate next to the sink this seems to assist the anti torque of the tap body moving, often missing. If you have copper tails feeding the tap then allowing the body to rotate could cause the threaded end in the tap body to come adrift leading to leaks. I am guilty of all the above.
i personally like the kettle, regards :D

Like the kettle as we have the same one, but jesus its noisy, sink looks very expensive and good quality,but its an ugly tap im afraid, and the fence wants staining this summer or it will start warping over the winter.

Yellow tiles, that's sooo sixties. :LOL:

And have you seen the state of that "O" ring ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back