Anyone seen a toilet installed like this before?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Somebody couldn't be bothered to install a new toilet so they cut the bowl off and stitched a new one on top!! :eek:

I need to replace this toilet! What are my best options?
The floor under the toilet is made up of solid concrete or screed on concrete on earth.

These are my current options....

Option 1 - take both toilets off. Then install a new toilet with a back outlet and run along the wall till it can connect to the SVP.

Stick a cap in the old waste pipe, in the ground, and add a new floor finish over it.

Question:
What type of plug can fit inside the old waste pipe?
I don't know what pipe is under the old toilet yet, but assume it's clay, if this toilet was installed in the 1980s.

Option 2 - Install a new toilet with a floor outlet, similar to whats there.

The bathroom may eventually be replaced, but needs to be functioning and hygienic for the next 1-2 years at least.

Also, where do I find a plumber that is experienced in below ground drainage? Any specific qualifications I should look for?

Any advice much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-20210710-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20210710-WA0004.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 260
Sponsored Links
I think that is a genuine antique 2-part pan WC.

I only remember seeing one before

How old is the house?

If you want to fit a new one, measure from the wall (not the skirting) to the centre point of the socket in the floor. You have to get one that fits

I think that is a genuine antique 2-part pan WC.

I only remember seeing one before

How old is the house?

If you want to fit a new one, measure from the wall (not the skirting) to the centre point of the socket in the floor. You have to get one that fits

House is victorian.

Can't I get any replacement toilet with a floor waste connection, and just extend the flush pipe to suit?

Do you think the connection will be easy for a plumber?

Sponsored Links
Can't I get any replacement toilet with a floor waste connection, and just extend the flush pipe to suit?

Do you think the connection will be easy for a plumber?

Yes you can, plumbers deal with this sort of thing (wc to drain connections) regularly.

Idea was, pan could be fitted with the top half in the direction required to be sat on and the bottom positioned to suit the outlet position.

Strange. I never seen any toilets with pan off at an angle from the floor waste. But I guess this was before the invention of adjustable flexible waste pipes.....

Also, my toilet pan lines up with the waste, so the design is redundant here :confused:

Where would you put the cistern, and the soil pipe?

This is one of the BO WCs on the market.

But you have to start by measuring.

upload_2021-7-10_23-20-21.png

Somebody couldn't be bothered to install a new toilet so they cut the bowl off and stitched a new one on top!! :eek:

I need to replace this toilet! What are my best options?
The floor under the toilet is made up of solid concrete or screed on concrete on earth.

These are my current options....

Option 1 - take both toilets off. Then install a new toilet with a back outlet and run along the wall till it can connect to the SVP.

Stick a cap in the old waste pipe, in the ground, and add a new floor finish over it.

Question:
What type of plug can fit inside the old waste pipe?
I don't know what pipe is under the old toilet yet, but assume it's clay, if this toilet was installed in the 1980s.

Option 2 - Install a new toilet with a floor outlet, similar to whats there.

The bathroom may eventually be replaced, but needs to be functioning and hygienic for the next 1-2 years at least.

Also, where do I find a plumber that is experienced in below ground drainage? Any specific qualifications I should look for?

Any advice much appreciated.
If it works OK why not leave it alone until you do the bathroom replacement?

Where would you put the cistern, and the soil pipe?

This is one of the BO WCs on the market.

But you have to start by measuring.

View attachment 238778

As I don't live at the property, was hoping I could buy a toilet without measuring.......But you are right! I will go and measure today.

I would like to replace it with a back to the Wall Toilet, something like this:

https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/6238.htm

https://www.thecornwalltilecompany....ss-pan-pack-s-trap-with-soft-close-seat-urea/

https://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/rak-origin-62-back-to-wall-toilet.html

Do you think a plumber can add S bend connection to the floor waste, on to a toilet with a standard back outlet?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back