Anyone seen these toilet seat fittings before?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, moved into new house and the toilet seat in the kids rooms keeps on coming off. This is the type of fitting:

It seems to be push fit but I wanted to check if theres a known problem with these as it comes off every other day and is doing my head in! Trust I'm right in thinking that it just pushes in?
IMG_7590.JPG

Sponsored Links
It's quick release for easy cleaning. Is there a button to press to release it? When you re-fit it, do you push it far enough?

What do the kids do to make it come off?

Thanks mate. The fixings that are on the photo are tight.. I've just taken another look and there isn't anything further that can be adjusted. The toilet seat just then pushes down onto the metal fixings on the photo :(

Sponsored Links
You should find a grub screw/pinch bolt on the seat itself in order to fix the seat to the pan.
Try pushing the seat a tad harder in order to lock into place.

The button would be on the seat. That's how mine works, but I can imagine buttonless would work too.

Duravit instructions are here. http://www.duravit.co.uk/products/all_series/starck_3.com-en.html?product=93604
But the male conector in your photo does not look the same, and not sure if you have a duravit seat.

Last time i fitted a duravit seat of the same type as shown in the instructions above, there was no mechanical switches or locks,. In other words I just pushed the seat down onto the posts as you are already doing. However, i do remember having to push it on for the last 2mm using a massive massive amount of force (to the point i thought i was going to break it) before it suddenly locked. So far, never had to remove it thank goodness.

I hope this helps a little, and good luck,
Sfk

Thanks, very much guys. I've had another look and give it quite a bit of force but still no joy. Its a wall hung system so felt a little nervous giving it to much clout!

Will have another look tomorrow. Would it make sense to greese it to try and make it lock in place?

Cheers again!

You have an interference fit system there. The rings on the pins are sprung lock rings that clip into a grove in the pin hole in the seat hinge and are tight when new. Needs a good tug when new. The metal split rings wear/compress and lose their grip over time, so the fit gets looser ending up in really not holding it at all. If it's annoying you then time to replace.

Thanks for the helpful reply bud. Is it the full unit that I should replace or the metal fixings?

Good man, many thanks for all the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back