anyone used pathmate type garden concrete moulds ????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of getting one of these hard plastic about 2ft square moulds that you simply (apparantly) fill with concrete, smooth over and then move onto next one. I wonder if anyone has had any experience with them and more importantly any tips

Thanks IA

Sponsored Links
i think you lle need more than one,, if youve got say 5 they will set at the same time and the mix will be the same so they should dry the same colour once it sets.

All the sites Ive seen say just smooth the fist one over and then remove it and move to the next one - I reckon maybe buy two just to keep moving quicker

Removing a mould before the concrete has cured is likely to lead to the slab breaking.
Even if you are careful the edges are likely to be less than perfect.
I've never used plastic moulds but have made a number of concrete slabs using timber moulds including circular slabs withthe mould made of a strip of hardboard held together at the ends forming the circle.
If you want to remove a mould for reuse you should coat it in cooking oil so the concrete doesn't stick to the mould.
I have used vaseline in the past for the same thing.
After a couple of breakages many years ago I always put a layer of concrete in followed by some chicken wire followed by more concrete.
Never had a breakage since.

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking of getting one of these hard plastic about 2ft square moulds that you simply (apparantly) fill with concrete, smooth over and then move onto next one. I wonder if anyone has had any experience with them and more importantly any tips

Thanks IA

Please can anyone tell me where i can buy this in the UK, i cant find them anywhere. thanx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back