polished concrete on existing patio in garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all,

im currently looking at revamping our raised garden patio, were raising it further to meet up with internal ground floor levels, its brick/concrete and paved.

i'd like a finish like polished concrete - as smooth a surface as possible, and it would be over a concrete/rubble infill, of the patio that exists to lift the levels up by about 30-60cm.

how easy can this all be?

could it come in cheaper than a traditional timber decking frame/deck set onto the existing patio?

ive had quotes come in for a timber deck and stairs at nearly £6k!!!!
but i imagine a load of rubble and a layer of concrete over and then polished up nice n smooth would be well cheaper and easy to achieve.

any experienced thoughts out there? i'm a novice at external DIY solutions, but fairly ok indoors heheheh!

Sponsored Links
let me ask you this.

Decking, why does it have grooves?
Polished concrete why do you not see it outside (much)

Clue:

p4532413_l.jpg

good point, yet many popular hardwood decks these days are fashionably smooth - save for a few joints.

i'm thinking you're bang on re slipping hazardz all be it your delivery's a tad condescending.

yet i'm still toying with the idea of the economy of the rubble/ hardcore / concrete infill, and any type of surface - not just a polished one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back