Putting paving stones on a concrete base?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you lay concrete paving stones on a concrete base?
We are DIY disasters :oops: , have recently moved house and was hoping to do this in our garden to hide the concrete base thats currently the patio but have since been told the paving slabs will crack if we do and we will have to remove the concrete base first.
If this is true then we were thinking of putting a raised deck over the concrete base, can this be done?
Thanks for any replies

Sponsored Links
I have seen tommy walsh do it on ground force, but you must use pva solution to bond the new cement to old concrete, and put a layer under slab not 5 blobs

yes you can lay paving to existing concrete. make sure there is no moss, grease, dust, or any thing else likely to hinder the bond. wet the area first and you will end up with a decent connection. don't mess about with pva, just use water.

as said by breezer, don't spot, solid bed!

cement loves water.

:D
Thanks for that, thats great, any ideas how to move the shed on it in one piece :LOL:

Sponsored Links
as noseall says dont use pva. i always use a wash of neat cement and water over the area and make sure youve cleaned it off well first. make sure that the concrete is sound. if there are any loose bits then remove these first before laying slabs.

as for the shed, empty it out, screw a length of timber each side and get a few helpers to lift it up

Thermo said:
as for the shed, empty it out, screw a length of timber each side and get a few helpers to lift it up

....yeah, then dizzy sits in the shed, like the queen of sheba, and waves to the adoring throngs, as she races by in her chariot. :D

works for me, thats what you have minions for isnt it! :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Thanks Noseall put a smile on my face that, hey and what a great idea!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back