anyone used vmware for lab book

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone has used vmare to work through craig zacker's xp lab book.

The lab book states you need two machines "computerxx" "computeryy".
As i'm minus one machine i was hopeing to use vmware, but my only concern and query is will it be the same as having two machines, i dont want to work through half the manual only to find out i need two seperate machines connected on the same network.
any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Microsft Virtual PC is free and i prefer to use that for my virtuals

You alocate each virtual with memory so if you have plenty it will work quite well

When I was studying MS exams I built my machine to have 8 gig memory because I knew I would be running several virtuals at same time

also...the best book to learn XP is Microsft Press and Sybex, I have that exam myself passed first time, probably best if you create a virtual XP then simply copy it to a different folder and when loaded rename it accordingly

Hope that helps

your best is virtual box by oracle - http://www.virtualbox.org/

small download and dead easy to setup, much better than virtual pc imo.

could easily have numerous vm's ready to be powered on if youve got a half decent spec pc or laptop

are you sitting the ms exams?

Sponsored Links
than for the replys, i want to be sitting so ms exams eventually, but i learning the ropes of xp at the mo, will move to 7 then i will do a 7 one.

Back