Anyone with knowledge of bees?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just mowed my lawn and found a bees nest/hive in the lawn.

I have googled 'bees' and the only bees I found were miner/ground bees. They are described as solitary but there must be 100+ rebuilding this nest/hive.

Anybody have any ideas and adice please?

I don't want to disrupt them.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My dog was I'll last week and had lumps on his head, this could be the answer, maybe he got a bit too nosey. :confused:

Sons just had them in his garden, stayed just over 2 weeks.

Whatever, dont try to kill or remove them.

They are in such decline that we should be putting food out for them now lol

Could just be a bumblebee nest in an old abandoned mouse nest (yep mice can nest below ground) Leave them as bumblebees are relatively harmless. BTW, contrary to popular belief, bumblebees can sting multiple times. It's only honeybees that have barbed stings that come out when they've stung you. ;) ;)

I was recently sitting in the back garden enjoying the sunshine when my wife suddenly screamed....BEES! A massive swarm flew into our garden and settled on one of our bushes. Incredible to watch but very frightening as lots of bees were flying around whilst the nest was being formed. They swarmed again a couple of hours later as the nest was in continuous sunshine, so I think it got too hot for them. Never found out where they landed next as we were locked indoors mesmerised by it all.

BTW, contrary to popular belief, bumblebees can sting multiple times. It's only honeybees that have barbed stings that come out when they've stung you. ;) ;)

Thanks for that, your'e only 40 yrs too late, used to catch them in cupped hands, shake them about and let them go. Eeee those were the days (not).

Nowhere in any of my replies did I say I wanted rid so there's no danger of harm, unless my dog decides upon revenge . :LOL:

They are welcome to stay, I'll just have to drive around them when mowing.

playing golf last year a swarm came down over head,bloody noise was amazing.i on the other hand HIT the ground screaming like a little girl. :oops:

someone at work has a few hives,and he said they swarm when another queen is hatched and she takes a few hundred with her,or summit like that. :?:

playing golf last year a swarm came down over head,bloody noise was amazing.i on the other hand HIT the ground screaming like a little girl.?:

I take issue with the above statement,,...........my neighbour brought her little girl(7 yo)to watch the bees as they swarmed and she didn't scream once......you wuss :LOL: ;)

playing golf last year a swarm came down over head,bloody noise was amazing.i on the other hand HIT the ground screaming like a little girl.?:

I take issue with the above statement,,...........my neighbour brought her little girl(7 yo)to watch the bees as they swarmed and she didn't scream once......you wuss :LOL: ;)

bloody right,especially as they came down to below head height,milions of em.

Sponsored Links
Back