getting rid of bumblebees?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've found a bee nest in the corner of my shed under an old blanket that I use for a drop cloth..

they got very angry when I started hammering on the workbench.. which is when I noticed them..

I've managed to drag the cloth out of the shed and saw some kind of hive in it so I've left that outside on the lawn hoping they go away.

they still seem to be interested in that corner of the shed though..
there's nothing left there, no nest of anything, but they still come back there and congregate in numbers..

I'm assuming that the queen is in the hive somewhere and these are just the ones that were out foraging when the nest was moved..
will they eventually find the nest and leave my shed in peace?

Sponsored Links
if you phone up any local beekeeper or decent pest company they will remove them and rehouse them. Are they ground bees?

Sponsored Links
I don't want to kill them, I'd just rather that they set up home somewhere I'm not going to be in a confined space with them while operating power tools from time to time..

The world needs bees like never before!! Do not do anything to harm them. Get in touch with a local bee keeper pronto!

A bee keeper is only interested in honey bees, they have no use for bumble bees since they produce only enough honey to feed their young..

I haven't done anything to them other than re-locate the blanket with the nest in to a far corner of the garden away from the neighbours grandkids when they visit since she's allergic so there's a chance the GK's are too..

while most of them have found the nest in it's new location, there are still a few that like to hang out in the corner of the shed despite ther being nothing there..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back