Anyone?

S

steviez

Hey all,

My name is Steve and I live in West Yorkshire. I have been an electricians mate for six years now (with many promises of an apprenticeship) I'm just wondering if anyone has any space on their team for an electricians mate at the moment?

I have lots of experience in domestic, commercial and industrial work.

Steve

Sponsored Links
BTW have you considered going to collage, getting the qualifications and starting out on your own?

BTW have you considered going to collage, getting the qualifications and starting out on your own?

I would love to more than anything in the world but I dont have the £900 or so per term it costs to go to collage.

If you don't allready have a level 2 qualification you can do the first two years for just the registrration fee on around £30 per year.

Sponsored Links
If you don't allready have a level 2 qualification you can do the first two years for just the registrration fee on around £30 per year.

I currently dont have no sort of qualifications, I have contacted my local collage and was told that it was over £900 per term! :(

All I know is that a guy on my course that is in full time employment did not have to pay for his first two years (you have to pay for year 3) apart from the registration fee between £10 and £40.

Call up your collage and ask about level 2 entitlement. If they don't have a clue try another local college. It is a national scheme so you should get it.

All I know is that a guy on my course that is in full time employment did not have to pay for his first two years (you have to pay for year 3) apart from the registration fee between £10 and £40.

Call up your collage and ask about level 2 entitlement. If they don't have a clue try another local college. It is a national scheme so you should get it.

Level 2? I am not even level 1? Or is that just the name of the course?

Level 2 entitlement is the name of the program that means you can get it free.

Basically the powers that be aka Brown and co are trying to get people trained up, so any one with no level 2 qualification can get one paid for if it will help them get a job or better job. The city and guild courses come under this as if should help you get a better job.

Once you pass the first two years you have will have a level 2 certificate so you have to pay for the third year.

Level 2 entitlement is the name of the program that means you can get it free.

Basically the powers that be aka Brown and co are trying to get people trained up, so any one with no level 2 qualification can get one paid for if it will help them get a job or better job. The city and guild courses come under this as if should help you get a better job.

Once you pass the first two years you have will have a level 2 certificate so you have to pay for the third year.

Thanks for the info chimp, I will look in to it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back