Old skool electrician looking for advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
I passed my C&G 236 part b in 1993 (last year of 15th edition regs, i think), i served a 5 year apprenticeship and worked in industrial, commercial and domestic dwellings.
Since 1994 i left the trade and worked in the telecommunications industry, only keeping in touch with sparking through family and friends.
I would like to work for myself now and become up to date with the regs and part p, is there any particular courses that i will require.
Also on a cheeky note, what sort of salaries do electricians earn nowadays, £25,000 - £30,000 hopefully.

Would appreciate any information.

Many Thanks
Wayne

Sponsored Links
Warleyboy said:
Hello All,
I passed my C&G 236 part b in 1993 (last year of 15th edition regs, i think), i served a 5 year apprenticeship and worked in industrial, commercial and domestic dwellings.
Since 1994 i left the trade and worked in the telecommunications industry, only keeping in touch with sparking through family and friends.
I would like to work for myself now and become up to date with the regs and part p, is there any particular courses that i will require.
Also on a cheeky note, what sort of salaries do electricians earn nowadays, £25,000 - £30,000 hopefully.

Would appreciate any information.

Many Thanks
Wayne

if your doin domestic work, you can get away without bein part P registered IF your only doin works that dont require certifing (unless you get LABC). otherwise youll have to part P register. not sure what exactly will be needed since im not part P registered.

as for salaries, depends how good you are etc and if your workin for yourself, how much work you get. and where you are. JIB rates for approved electrician are £10.84/hour, but more in london
if working for yourself, the more work you get the more money you get. work well and your name will get round

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back