15th edition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
i took the 15th edition in my apprenticeship.....a good few years ago....

I am a general builder,and have been completing all my own electrical work,keeping up with current regs,up till the wonderful part p introduction.

I'm becoming increasing P*****d at the restrictions imposed by part p,and the sheduling of works around electricians visits.

Can anyone inform me ,as to what trade body will inspect and test works carried out by a competent person,as i understand niclec don't go for this(like to keep it in house(wonder why).

Sponsored Links
I don't think anyone is allowed to sign off anyone elses work as compliant with the building regs other than local area building control.
Have you thought about joining a competent person scheme, that way you can sign your own work off as compliant?

You could try the competent persons schemes such as NICEIC, NAPIT, ECA etc as they all have their own different levels of qualification for acceptance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back