anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hot water copper tank in my ground floor bungalow airing cupboard and a worcester greenstar boiler in the kitchen (not combi)

The problem I have is since buying this place 2 years ago is the extremely slow running and low pressure from just the kitchen tap. Even without a tap fitted to the sink the hot flow is the same and I'm almost convinced the mains cold is not as good as it could be.

The cylinder/tank is 2 meters away from the bath / bathroom sink taps and is fine in flow and getting up to temp, very hot is 15 seconds max . The kitchen tap is 10 meters away and it takes at least 2 mins to get hot and the flow is laughable. The kitchen sink is in an extension built years ago and following the route the galvanised cylinder/heater pipe goes into the concrete floor and appears under the kitchen sink as a flexible plastic pipe.

I still have not laid the tiles in the kitchen so what's the answer?

Dig up the floor from the tank to the sink to lay new pipes?

Clean out the pipes- is this possible?

A pump? what would I need?

ANY advice would be VERY appreciated, this is doing my head in?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there a filter/aerator on the spout that needs cleaning

Galvi pipes still in?
Replace them as they do block up and you wont clean them

It's same crap flow taps fitted or not.

Sponsored Links
Your system seems to have a minimum head from a loft tank giving insufficient head to provide enough flow to the kitchen.

You might get a small improvement raising the loft tank but to solve the problem you will need a pump!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back