Hot Water Flow Rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please tell me what the recommended flow rate for hot water to a kitchen sink is ?
tthe sink is fed by an Elsen tank and gravity fed, it is a single story bungalow.
the flow rate was never good but when the new kitchen was installed the rate is even poorer, yet the plumber has tried everything like changing the taps and fitting a bigger flexi pipe to the tap.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone please tell me what the recommended flow rate for hot water to a kitchen sink is ?
tthe sink is fed by an Elsen tank and gravity fed, it is a single story bungalow.
the flow rate was never good but when the new kitchen was installed the rate is even poorer, yet the plumber has tried everything like changing the taps and fitting a bigger flexi pipe to the tap.

therein lies the prob, with a system that is likely to be poor to start with a plumber should know better than fit a flexi which can only reduce the flow, he/she needs to repipe in copper or plastic and make sure any valves they have fitted are full bore or fully open, to get you back to at least what it was before

I always take the view that 6-4 li/min is adequate.

A plumber who used flexible tap connections is to me a quick fit cowboy who does it the easy way knowing thats not the best way.

With a limited head available he should have discussed the implications on flow rate with you first!

Tony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back