Hot water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a Ariston microgenus HE combi 24 boiler fitted.
When it was installed I had a very poor flow rate from the incoming water main, and the boiler was commissioned and worked perfectly.
I have had a new incoming main supply, with a much increased flow rate.

Can anyone tell me if the boiler should auto regulate the amount of water passing through it?
ie If I turn the hot tap on on the sink, with the water temperature on the boiler set to the highest setting, should the boiler shut down the flow to the taps, and conversely, if I back the boiler temperature off with the front control, will the flow through the taps increase? If I measure flow rates, the boiler is on spec, but I have to turn the hot tap on the sink down, to get the right maximum flow rate, or the water is too cool.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The boiler you've got only gives about 8 ltrs of hot water a minute, so if you open your tap to give more than this it won't be heated properly. If you want better hot water performance you will have to get a bigger combi. Or a different system.

Thanks for the reply,
I'm happy with the performance, just that the previous boiler used to regulate the flow to the taps automatically
If this one doesn't, I will have to put a valve in the cold feed to the boiler, and set the flow manually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back