Anything I can do with this?

rvp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can I improve this at all? I basically used some Easyfill to fill the joint then sanded it and painted it with some Zinsser Perma white and when it dried it looked like below.

It looked ok when I was doing it but it's beginning to bug me now and I know it will annoy the hell out of me If left like this!

I used around 5 coats of Zinsser on it If that makes a difference.

An ideas?

Thanks.

20180617_191322.jpg

Sponsored Links
rvp, good evening.

OK an off the wall [no pun] Idea??

Adjust if possible the way the light hits that area of the wall??

• Thanks
Reactions: rvp
rvp, good evening.

OK an off the wall [no pun] Idea??

Adjust if possible the way the light hits that area of the wall??

Funny you say that KenGMac, I shall be looking to install downlights soon as the bathroom is getting totally ripped out so that's possible although just knowing will do my head in!

More filler and an electric sander with fine sandpaper?

Gone for this approach, bit brutal as the rest of the wall is pretty good but took some 180 grit to it - should I go finer? and it looks pretty smooth already but will need to buy more paint.

Do you guys know If there is any other bathroom paint I can maybe try other than Zinsser Perma white - I do quite like it though but like to try different ones!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
rvp, good evening again.

I use a very bright torch in my Surveys.

If you shine a bright light obliquely across a wall every single bump, hump and defect will be shown up, even a blemish several parts of a mm will show, down to paint "bits"

But if you aim the torch directly at the wall, all is "visually" OK

I would suggest that you in effect play around with light to effectively mask the blemish

A long time ago a very respected Architect I was working with when faced with a bunch of pipes made a feature of them with great effect, in this problem I really think that the correct positioning of lighting even movable positionable ceiling lighting could mask the blemish that is probable only less that 0.1.mm deep?

Ken

Are you using 180 grit aluminium oxide or silicone carbide paper?

The latter has smaller grit. It looks like you are over-sanding the Easyfill.

Try silicone carbide with a sanding block that is wider than the span you are sanding (eg an offcut of 2 by 2 timber).

• Thanks
Reactions: rvp
Are you using 180 grit aluminium oxide or silicone carbide paper?

The latter has smaller grit. It looks like you are over-sanding the Easyfill.

Try silicone carbide with a sanding block that is wider than the span you are sanding (eg an offcut of 2 by 2 timber).

No idea really on what the sandpaper is to be honest only that I tried 120 grit then 280grit.

I have filled and re-sanded it now and just waiting to re-paint it whatever the result I'll stick with it... fingers crossed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back