Apha combination boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber has given up and told me I should call out the Alpha engineer at a one off cost of £300. My problem is intermittent hot water, no problem with CH. if I override and switch the CH on, I get hot water, although not as hot as when the hot water works without the CH on, which it does occasionally.

The most consistent tap is the bathroom, which is closest to the boiler. Those furthest away, kitchen and utility rarely work.

My plumber has changed diaphragm valve unit and pressure switch.

Is now suggesting PCB but really has not got a clue

Any engineer in Chippenham able to help - please!!??

Many thanks

Bazzer

Sponsored Links
Please start your own post with your problem, yours is a different problem to this post if you Hi jack a post you will get the wrong advice

Without model details I can't advise much.

I do know the Alphas have a stupid flow switch on the water main inlet. I don't work on them much but has your plumber checked this?

If you provide model details you'd get more help.

Sponsored Links
Without model details I can't advise much.

I do know the Alphas have a stupid flow switch on the water main inlet. I don't work on them much but has your plumber checked this?

If you provide model details you'd get more help.
Thought i put model in the header - sorry
Alpha CB24. He has changed that switch.

I have put this as a separate item on the forum as apparently I am not supposed to hijack other posts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back