Apollo 15/30B Boiler - BG suggest change - limited parts?

Sponsored Links
PP....do this is the CC if you like, but what FCA guidelines on efficiency are these?

We all know SEDBUK is a load of diseased Horse's rectal deposits, I'd love to hear wh a t the FCA have to add to the subject :LOL:

Its because the large majority of our contracts are now insurance based. I know BG have done this for years regards the obsolete parts but now if we dont advise and record this advice then the customer has grounds for a compliant via the FCA if we cant fix the boiler due to obsolete spares. Ultimately its to protect BG from the FCA.

Sponsored Links
Aren't you due for another ban, how many user names have you got now 4-5?

Still posting on the screwfix forum or did you get kicked off that as well?

Your balls grew back then. You soon fecked off when I challenged you the last ti mm e.

Now Mr gaswrong, what is all this FCA crap?

I took a 4 week holiday and did a tour of America, is it a crime to take hols.

I was thinking about Japan and was going to ask your advice as you go on about it ALL the time in the CC.

I thought you worked for Dynosh.tshovelers Pablo, are they covered by the FCA too??!!

Haha, no never done a paid "proper" plumbing job.

And if that dyno customer is a BG plumbing customer then yes it would be covered by the FCA. Direct dyno customers would not.

We get a small gratuity for arranging a surveyor appointment. Makes no odds whether the customer accepts the quote or not.

Also to the OP as BG are regulated by the FCA we have to advise when parts are becoming obsolete and also your appliances efficiency. This is so that we remain compliant with FCA guidelines.

The fact you get a "gratuity", as you put it, means you have every reason to tell the customer "their boiler is obsolete and on its last legs, have a free quote of us". Also I'm pretty sure the SM puts plenty of pressure on those not selling enough.

As a previous subbie every person in your organization seemed proud of their QUODOS accounts that paid for the holiday every year, all at the expense of your gullible ageing customer base.

The fact you get a "gratuity", as you put it, means you have every reason to tell the customer "their boiler is obsolete and on its last legs, have a free quote of us". Also I'm pretty sure the SM puts plenty of pressure on those not selling enough.

As a previous subbie every person in your organization seemed proud of their QUODOS accounts that paid for the holiday every year, all at the expense of your gullible ageing customer base.

Yawn :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Same old tripe.

Boiler made between 1983-1990 even if parts are available or not, maybe its time to start looking for a change. I bet there are not many other appliances in the property that are older than 25yrs.

Aren't you due for another ban, how many user names have you got now 4-5?

Still posting on the screwfix forum or did you get kicked off that as well?

Your balls grew back then. You soon fecked off when I challenged you the last ti mm e.

Now Mr gaswrong, what is all this FCA crap?

I took a 4 week holiday and did a tour of America, is it a crime to take hols.

I was thinking about Japan and was going to ask your advice as you go on about it ALL the time in the CC.

That's reassuring to know I can get travel advise also in the combustion chamber pot!! Is Allan Wicker or Judith Chalmers in residence there also?? Have they also completed the extensive 6 week Mickey Mouse gas course? Being the prerequisite for entry.

Boiler made between 1983-1990 even if parts are available or not, maybe its time to start looking for a change. I bet there are not many other appliances in the property that are older than 25yrs.

Ah so you can justify the £1-2K installation cost to change it for a modern condensing boiler, that's has loads more expensive to replace components & will be less reliable. All to save a limited amount of gas per year.

Granted a new boiler will have an extended warranty for the manufacturer to wriggle out off at the slightest opportunity.

I think you've been listening too closely to the suits at BG??

Ah so you can justify the £1-2K installation cost to change it for a modern condensing boiler, that's has loads more expensive to replace components & will be less reliable. All to save a limited amount of gas per year.

Granted a new boiler will have an extended warranty for the manufacturer to wriggle out off at the slightest opportunity.

I think you've been listening too closely to the suits at BG??

Ive never suggested BG to install it?
I bet your cars not over 25 years old and im sure it cost you more than 2K. Why do people expect boilers to last forever and moan when they have to change it. As long as the TV is a flat screen and as big as the wall, and there is a brand new car on the drive.....f*ck the boiler!

Well, as an ex BG fella, I'll side with PP here. I used to advise the client if their boiler was on the reduced parts list, and would ask them if they wanted a quote for a new boiler. It was made clear that there would be nothing wrong with sticking with the existing appliance for as long as it kept going, but it may not be repairable if it were to break. It was also made very clear that there was no obligation to have BG fit the replacement. In fact, I often told people that bg would be a lot more expensive than some local installers. It was up to them. And I was paid my tenner whether they bought the appliance or not. I don't dispute that some sharp sales practices might have gone on amongst some of my former colleagues, but they were a very small minority in my experience. Just the same as a minority of independents are sharks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back