Apollo Fanfare SI running when timer is off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Apollo fanfare 50/65 SI (Mason) and another plumber fitted a new timer - Horstmann Centaurplus C21 and there is a three port Honeywell valve.

The boiler runs when the timer is off and not asking for heating or hot water.

when the timer switches off the boiler over run for 5min which is normal but then 15min later it starts runing again for 5-10min and the stops for a bit and then repeats

Please Help

Sponsored Links
why did the other plumber fit a new programmer and did you have a first plumber do something. was everything working before any work was done

Sorry,

There is a tenant in the prop and I deal with the estate agent...

The agent has had the previous fitter back to confirm that the timer is working correctly and he has

I think the reason thy have replaced the timer is because it had stopped working and need to be replaces.

Thx

Sponsored Links
when the timer switches off the boiler over run for 5min which is normal but then 15min later it starts running again for 5-10min and then stops for a bit and then repeats
When it runs like this, can you see that the boiler is actually alight - not just the pilot light? (look through the spy hole).

Because these boilers have a permanent pilot light, the fan will run occasionally, when the boiler is off, to remove the fumes which build up in the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back