Apollo15/30B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone .
I have been in my current property for 9 months now and it is fitted with
an Apollo 15/30B gas central heating system . About 8 months ago we had trouble with the pilot light going off . A Corgi fitter replaced the thermocouple and all was fine until now . The pilot light has started to go off again . I follow the relighting procedure but when i release the grey gas valve button the flame goes out . However the flame will remain lit but only when the grey gas valve button appears to be stuck about half way in , then all is fine with all functions operating correctly until the button springs out seemingly cutting the supply off . Should the gas valve stick half way out and stay in this position leaving all functions on or is this the fault . Thankyou in advance for any posts . Geordie .

Sponsored Links
Grey button should not stick half way out. Pilot should stay alight with button fully out.

Sounds to me as there is a possibility that the thermocouple is still being overridden by the button so I would recommend getting a CORGI out to check. Could be a gas valve fault.

Thanks very much for your advice , a little bit more to add . I have had the system running fine today with all functions working correctly , however this was with the grey inside cover removed . I have found that with the cover removed its fine but if I attempt to replace the cover as soon as it touches the black wires for the thermocouple everything goes off . Does this mean the thermocouple which was replaced last September is faulty or is it fitted incorrectly . Not sure what to do next as cant keep running it with the cover off . Thanks again in advance for any further posts . Geordie .

Sponsored Links
Try moving the black wires so they cannot touch case when fitted. Could be that wire insulation is broken and the very small voltage created by the thermocouple is shorting out to case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back