Appears to be no earth

dingbat and plug, thanks for replies i will be making enquiries....regards

Sponsored Links
if there is no earth coming out of the cut out what makes you say it is TNCS? if it is TNCS there would be an earth point block etc. what makes you say TNCS?

I went to do a PIR today and found the same thing, installation around 10 years old (I'm guessing) all equi and supplementary bonding in place and in general a good install but no earth connection at all.

Ze was reading 12.7 ohms due to pipework I guess. I have connected MET to service head and now Ze is 0.07.

Tried to ring EDF all day to confirm supply is PME but got given around 7 different numbers/departments. Gonna get electricity bill from the client with account number etc so I can ring up the supplier tomorrow to confirm PME. Was I right to connect the earth myself today? Surely safer whilst I await confirmation of PME?

Peter

How do you know that you had a PME supply?

It may have supposed to have been TN-S or TT.

You've now made it TN-C-S, but if there are no Protective Multiple Earths on the supply then TN-C-S can be very dangerous.

Sponsored Links
I know with the DNOs you never know... but would the have put a PME service head in if PME was not available through the neutral on that supply?

Though if its a none PME head and he has just lobbed it in with the neutral, then thats on much more shakey ground becuase its obviously not a PME service in that case and your are bodging it into one with no idea whether the network work which needs to be done prior to installing PME has been done or not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back