Apple trying to patent arm and hand movements

J

joinerjohn

Well folks, looks like waving goodbye will be a thing of the past.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15492980

Wonder what Apple will do about kids throwing stones?? Take them to court for infringing their Intellectual Property? Their new I Phones will be programmed to record such simple hand gestures as waving, saluting and pointing. Anyone found to be using these gestures will be liable to pay Apple for the use of their IP. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Some of the proposals sound as though they have about the same potential for causing unwanted actions as scratching one's nose at an auction.

As for trying to patent such basic things, we've already been through this nonsense at the height of "GUI fever." Still, as I mentioned recently in another thread, there was a time that Zilog tried to trademark the letter "Z" - Something which, sensibly, was rejected.

By the way, I am filing patents for the use of the words the, a, an, and, but, then, this and there. Anyone who wishes to continue using these words, please contact me to arrange for a patent license at reasonable rates. ;)

Well, I'm gonna go one further. I've already put in an application to patent breathing. If you want to take a breath, it'll cost you 1p to inhale and exhale once.

It doesn't sound a lot, but how many breathers are there on this planet?

I'm going to file both a patent and a copywrite for the terms "patent" and "copywrite" ;)

Sponsored Links
I've thought about patenting walking and running. Henceforth anyone caught walking or running will owe me 1/2p for every step they take. ;) ;)
I may be a millionaire within minutes. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I read the title and before I even got to the link I thought 'what a pile of shyte!'. This typifies Apple, Microsoft et al. They're all so shyte scared of one of the other getting one over on them that they go out spending millions trying to 'protect' something they cannot possibly own or own the rights to. It truly is ridiculous.

Sponsored Links
Back