Applied joint compount

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have done the first coat of joint compound. Will be doing the second coat. Do I need to use three coats? The third being the finishing? Or can I just do two? Read that joint compound can be used instead of finishing plaster. I am tapering not shimming.

How long do I have to wait after final coat, sanding, before applying a primer?

Also what primer do I use? It is a bathroom, so I will be using bathroom paint. Read suggestions about PVA and diluting paint as a primer. Would like advice on the best method.

Mostly buy from Wickes and B&q.

Also stupid question, but is there any way to shower until bathroom is painted? Like using a shower curtain, or is it best not to risk it? Like having a bath instead and keeping door open to let humidity out? Sucks, because I only have one bathroom.

Sponsored Links
hand applied is normally joint filler to bulk and then joint cement over the top, or you can use 2 coats of easifil, what ever your using if you have a good finish with just the 2 coats thats fine, sand it down when dry, and then prime using primer such as gyproc drywall primer heres a link http://www.british-gypsum.com/produ...gyproc_accessories/gyproc_drywall_primer.aspx
heres another link showing you what happens if you dont prime properly
scroll down to 159 "primer" and he tells you he prefers latex paint but i cant comment on that as all i have ever done is primed with proper primer ready for the painters , there is also a pic that shows you what happens if you dont get it right, there is also some other tips there for you http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...H8Q6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=drywall topcoat&f=false as for taking a shower i would take a short one with the window open and get the boards painted soon as

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back