Applying Silicon Sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have noticed recently that some of the Silicon sealant jobs I have seen around are really top notch.
I have seen several new pubs and hotels and the bead around the sinks and urinals is very fine, accurate well blended in - none of the big blobs you used to see a few years ago.
I am almost certain these have not been smoothed with a "wet finger".
Is there some kind of tool or applicator in use now that allows fitters to achieve such a good standard?
G.

Sponsored Links
Looks awesome!
Are they really as easy to use as the video suggests?
G.

theyre top notch, and save a lot of time and sealant.

get yourself that pro finish

Sponsored Links
the fugi kit is ok i find using some soapy water applied to the silicone and using your thumb nail work just as well

I have the Fugi kit, which is ok, but all sorts of things will do, like the corner of a credit card.
The key is to not put too much on in the first place.
Using water, soapy or otherwise, is a bad idea, cos that's how mould accumulates just below the surface.

It has to be said that with practice, you don't need to touch it at all, and remember, they all shrink when they cure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back