Approx cost to move a rad from one wall to another ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I'm looking to move a rad and would love to know the approx cost to move it from one internal wall to another, the room is 3msq and it would be a case of moving it from the front wall to the side

Anyone able to offer any appox costs to get this done?

I'm in the Harrogate area if anyone is local to me we might be able to sort something out.

Mike.

Sponsored Links
We would usually charge about £200 including a new Drayton TRV4 and lockshield valve.

But it all depends on the floor. Thats based on a carpet which can be rolled back and standard floor boards which can be lifted reasonably easily. Filling the holes in the wall in the old position and perhaps a little white emulsion but not significant redecoration.

You could probably get it done a fair bit cheaper in your location by a newbie or East European, perhaps as little as £50-£100 reusing the old valves.

Tony

Guys,

I'm looking to move a rad and would love to know the approx cost to move it from one internal wall to another, the room is 3msq and it would be a case of moving it from the front wall to the side

Anyone able to offer any appox costs to get this done?

I'm in the Harrogate area if anyone is local to me we might be able to sort something out.

Mike.

I have a mate who subs to bg in York he'll probably come over and do it for you after work but he would have to price it when he gets there. He is scottish so you can't understand a word of what he says but you'll recognise the money from the numbers they are clearer, you just have to wait until he stops saying a lot of other stuff you haven't a clue about (even if you too are a heating engineer).

But he is a good man and very capable.

But also forum rules mean we can't do this.

Sponsored Links
DP or Delta T should be able to translate this for us.

He is scottish so you can't understand a word of what he says but you'll recognise the money from the numbers they are clearer, you just have to wait until he stops saying a lot of other stuff you haven't a clue about (even if you too are a heating engineer).

:LOL: :LOL: Everybody recognises numbers :LOL:

Haw!!! Fit you oan aboot loon?

Excuse me. What does that mean son? :LOL:

hi,i am in harrogate,if you have wooden floors in the room and you move any furniture to the back of the room,to make rolling the carpet back easier, i would say 1/2 a day plus fittings,i.e £120,if on a combi and we drain down, a bit extra for inhibitor,if you have a old gravity fed system,probaly freeze the pipes to be on the safe side,let me know.and i can arrange to come and have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back