Approx Price on New Bathroom?

It would not be to difficullt to put bath where toilet is now (wide bit to wall),
Move toilet to other end of bath extending soil pipe on outside wall, and put sink next to p shaped end of bath on wall, you could always put a narrow sink in 450mm if room is a bit tight. you could the put a towel radiator on long wall opposite bath.
in answer to your question on tiling it should cost about £20.00 per sq mtr for fitting ceramic.tiles. If you go for stone or porcelain, expect to pay around £25.00 per sq mtr.. Make sure he uses good quality adhesive ie BAL (from topps tiles)
What about the floor?

Sponsored Links
Floor to be tiled too....

Sadly there's a window on the wall opposite the door, so the only option is to have the shower part of the bath in the middle of the room. The towel rail is gas heated (it's the heat dump of the system) and it's on the wall opposite the bath at the moment.

If it helps understand the room...

broom1.JPG

broom2.JPG

broom3.JPG

broom4.JPG

Thanks for the photo, mmph a real problem!!! not a great deal you can do really, you can buy shorter baths 1500mm but i am not sure if you could get a P shaped one. and turn it around and install it in the width?. You would have to make sure you tile inside the window return though
Second thought do away the bath and install a shower instead, that way you save money on hot water. :)

Sponsored Links
Decided not to. I kept noticing the expensive high end stuff... which I can't afford at present.

Turns out I could easily get it done, and not with basic nasty stuff, within budget but I'd always feel I wasn't getting quite what I wanted, so I'll leave off until I can afford to get exactly what I want.

Thank you very much for the helpful advice though folks.

)

I don't do them anymore because I earn a lot more and have less hassle doing heating
And that is why you wont - generally - get a good bathroom from a gas fitter :idea:

Again, rubbish

If I chose to do a bathroom then i would carry out that task to the best of my ability.

It's all down to the individuals skill, mindset.

Only someone who knows you would employ you though.
You wouldn't be up to speed on the design aspect and rusty on what exactly is available.

Again I'd have to disagree, it would not be hard for me to get my head around

I turn down a lot of bathrooms and wet rooms and not from people that know me.

There are some fitters that I regularly pass the work to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back