aqua lisa shower thingy (technical term) leak

B

breezer

lisa.jpg

we have the above thing (i figure its called a mixer) but it has a slight leak (drip) i know it has a "cartridge" since this was changed way back in '99

My question is are they easy to change and what are they called so i can search for one?

oh and for the curious the lable on the left is what i put there so i know when it was changed

Sponsored Links
Better to update your shower as it is looking a bit dated (no offence) ;)

THIS will probably cost you the same as a new cartridge. :D

absolutly no offence taken. (tbh i wanted one of the round shower knob things, like you get in hotels, but we got this instead)

the pdf shows where to put it and waht with, but it doesnt say how it fixes ( i saw the drawings of the long threaded pipe) which we may or may not need

(or when the cover is off do you just tighten a couple of nuts/ lock rings)

and are all showers like that the same set distance? (i mean for the incoming pipes)

and lastly, how do i open the aqau lisa to get it off

(we do have isolating valves for the shower and taps under the bath)

I am also wondering if it is covered by BG ( i will ring and ask)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys :)
bacho looks like you are right, whole new shower is the same as a new cartridge.

going to call BG and see if its covered under our insurance, but assuming it isnt

do / are all showers of this style have the same fixing / inlet centres?

Replaced the cartridge in one of these a while back. The main shroud unclips with a bit of force and a couple of screws holds the cartridge on.

The hot/cold pipework is a pushfit into the back of the cartridge. If the pipes are not securly clipped in the wall (if its a stud) you won't be able to push the cartridge back onto the pipes. Ie will need to access from the other side.

I think the thermostatic one was a crazy price.

thanks, its a "solid wall" so no worries ther, but would you know if the screwfix one and the aqua lisa one have the same pipe centres? (starit swap)

Screwfix one is 150 mm centres so you need to measure yours. :D

clf-gas........ do us a link to see if you have got the hang of it. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back