Aqua panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just joined this forum & found the info here very useful. We are retiling my bathroom. As I have a shower attached to the wall above the bath, we plan to use aqua panel (from Wickes), as recommended here, and tile onto that.

We have removed the old plaster, as water had leaked through. Previous owner not having waterproofed properly. As we have removed the plaster, the plan is to attach the aqua panel directly to the wall (no new plaster) as this will save space & money. Does this sound ok! How would you recommend attaching the aqua panel? Also, I assume there is no problem with weight - this is a party wall.

Sponsored Links
You can either build a stud wall or dot and dab the boards on and then fix plugs and screws thro the boards..any joins in boards use fiba tape..

This party wall how thick is it..single or double skin?

Maybe look into insulation and vapour barrier prior to anything..

Ok back to the party wall...

Take it your either semi detached or mid terraced...

You have to remember when you removed the plastered wall/walls you have taken away the fire resistant s off the walls....so you will need to replace this with like for like or more stronger...brodie123 ...so can you give more detail mate off the construction off the party wall mate...

Don't rush into anything mate till you know what your dealing with,so more detail please

Last thing you need is a cavity between walls that shouldnt be there,thus leaving an opening for fire/smoke spreading mate...

Don't worry Brodie123 it's not as bad has it sounds tho mate ok.. ;)

Hi tictic,

Many thanks for your reply. I've passed on your message to my Dad - who is the one doing the work. I'll reply to you at the start of next week, when he's with me. Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored Links
Hi Tictic,

Just to answer your questions. It is a Victorian end of terrace. The party wall is the one with the bath next to it, which will have the shower attached to it. The party wall is a solid double brick wall, monk bond.

We won't be doing the work until August, so will make sure we get all the correct advice first.

We plan to dot and dab and then fix plugs and screws, as you suggested. The thickness of the plaster we removed varied from 8 -12 mm. The aqua panel is 12 mm so should be ok.

Could you tell us more about insulation and vapour barrier?

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back