Aqualisa Aqua valve 600 cold water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Auqalisa shower that's from about 1994 and it has started being stiff to turn on. I phones Aqua Lisa and sent a picture of my old cartridge and was told that the correct replacement was the grey topped one. Which I ordered.

My shower is a gravity fed system.

When the new cartridge arrived I followed the instructions and changed it. Also the o ring in the back. When the water was turned on the hot water flowed OK but no cold would come through. Turning the control to cold only stopped the flow altogether. I checked that all the ports lined up. Put the old cartridge back on and was OK.

I spoke to Aqualisa and they sent me a replacement as the new one could be faulty. Just fitted that and same problem. Old one back on and flow OK but still hard to turn with the old one. I can't understand why the grey one will not work can anyone please help as it looks like I will have to buy a whole new shower as the old cartridge isn't made anymore.

Sponsored Links
I recently changed my aqualisa shower valve. There is a gasket type ring with a filter / strainer that is situated towards the front of the valve. This gasket needs to be orientated correctly so as not to impede water flow. Might be worth checking that. Good luck.

Mutley56

Sponsored Links
I remember seeing some Utube vid of someone servicing an Aqualisa, he pointed out odd bits you could miss, something at the back I think.

I think it was this one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back