Aqualisa Cartridge Do I need to change it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I've just replaced my old regular boiler for a new combi boiler and have been told that I need to change the grey cartridge (part no 022801) in my shower, which is an Aqualisa Aquatique for a pink cartridge (022801). The thing is though when I turn my shower on with the new combi (WBosch 37CDi) it works fine and has good pressure. Why in that case do I need to change it? What does the pink one do differently to the grey one?

Thanks in advance
Ben

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. Yes I guess that proves what I was told was correct and the pink cartridge is the correct one for my combi setup. Just seems starnge though as it appears to work fine with the existing grey one.
Cheers

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you are happy with it, why spend 80 quid + VAT + postage?

Sponsored Links
the grey stat is fine
the holes in the pink stat are smaller on the cold side to balance supplies.
combis and water heaters reduce flow to allow water to heat, on some showers you fit pressure reducers on the cold this is what the pink stat does
the hot and cold need to be balanced at showers.
the higher the kw rating off the appliance the better the hot water flow rate.
you only need to fit a pink stat if the water at the shower will not get hot this normally applies to multi points and lower output combis

hope this helps

steve

Hi

There is a chance that the cold water regulator, which comes with the Aqualisa shower systems, was fitted inside the cold supply to the shower valve.

This may explain why the grey cartridge is working as expected ?

Which model of Aqualisa shower do you have ?

the aquarian thermostatic 1999-current has flow regulators
this is the aquavalve range

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back