Aqualisa Shower cartridge replacement issue!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My aqualisa thermostatic shower has been dripping so after looking into it it was suggested I replace the cartridge.

So got the new cartidge. Turned off water under sink. Turned shower on to drain remaining water in the system.

Followed instructions (Caaaarefully) and removed old cartridge and put in the new one. Now when i turn the water back on even though the shower is off it just runs from the shower head as if its on.

I took ot off and checked I had done everything i should and still the same problem. So then thought id put the old cartirdge back in and still the same problem.

Any ideas would be greatfully received!!!

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that you turned the cartridge to the "off" position before you put the knob on?

Hi yes thats one of the steps on the installation guide which I followed... says to put the control knob back on and turn clock wise which I have done. Even when i have turned water on I put the control back on to check it was in the off position

With luck it will be some simple error. I find Aqualisa very good, have you called their support desk yet?

Sponsored Links
Make sure you have not dislodged the small o ring right at the back of the shower body.

that seems to sit ontop on a plastic washer which is on the back of the cartridge body

Seem to remember there is an O ring in the tap body that needs replacing when the cartridge is renewed. Presume the same applies with your installation. Did you change the O ring?

It appears that what i thought was the water on off control was the temperature control. Oops. Thanks for the assistance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back