Aqualisa Axis/iSystem Digital Shower Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I had an Aqualisa Axis Digital Shower installed back in 2008. In addition to the main controller inside the enclosure, there is an on-off controller outside on the bathroom wall. Everyone loves it, but by 2015 the on/off and boost buttons were so gunked up with limescale that I had to buy a new controller (#910328). All has been well for the seven years since until recently.

Every now and again the shower has continued to run after pressing off. Both controllers (in and outside the shower) become unresponsive and I must clamber up into the loft naked and dripping wet to turn the main processor off and on. This wakes up the controllers so I am able to turn the water off (until the next time).

Alas these early morning streaks are becoming more frequent, sometimes twice in a week rather than once in a blue moon. I have also noticed that the red and blue LEDs no longer come on in the shower, while the white LEDs occasionally glow, although at the moment only on the controller in the shower. Apart from these issues, the functionality is perfect - the boost button and temperature control knob both work like a dream.

Aqualisa's customer support believe the problem is in the loft and have offered the following options.

1) Repair: they'll open up the box in the loft, repair any faults and also replace the controller inside the shower. With a 2 year warranty. Costs £635 for fitting including VAT.

2) Replace the box in the loft with its updated version: shower head gets replaced too but no replacement of any controllers. 5 year warranty for digital parts and 2 year warranty for shower head part. Costs £949 including VAT and fitting.

I'm struggling to know what to do. I still have the gunky old controller (I spotted it on one of my recent loft excursions). Would its innards be transferrable to the current occasionally misbehaving one? Also, we have no need for a new shower head included in option 2.

I am minded to take a chance and buy a new controller to see if that resolves the issue. If not, at least I will have a spare in reserve for when it needs replacing again in 2029. Before I do anything though, I was wondering if any of you clever people on here have any thoughts as to next steps.

Thank you so much for reading.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back